The great thing about curry sauce, much like curry paste, is how easy it makes cooking a super-tasty meal. Z and I are going through Trader Joe’s Thai curry sauces right now. Pictured is the red Thai curry sauce.
Red Thai curry dinner
- 1 bottle of Trader Joe’s red Thai curry sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 block firm tofu, cut into triangles
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- olive oil
- peanuts (optional)
- At least an hour before cooking, set the tofu out to dry.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut tofu into triangles each about an inch long. Place them on a baking sheet, drizzle them with oil, and bake for 20 minutes. Once timer goes off, flip the tofu and bake another 20 minutes or until done.
- Start cooking your rice. Follow package instructions.
- In a pan, heat a tablespoon or so of olive oil. Add the onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add red pepper and cook another 2-3 minutes, or until soft.
- In a pan, mix the tofu, onion and red pepper, and curry sauce (the whole bottle). Heat until warm.
- Serve over rice. Add peanuts if desired.