It’s not actually blue time now. It’s dark. I’m blue. Why?
- The book I finished yesterday was sad (The Road by Cormac McCarthy).
- The Buffy episode I watched this evening was sad (2:22).
- My time left in England is so short.
- I have to say bye to my bike.
- I’m listening to Sigur Rós.
- I’m alone.
There are lots of reasons to be sad at any given time, though it doesn’t do much good to let them make you sad all the time. Often when I’m sad (those times when there isn’t anything necessarily wrong in my life) I think of my sadness as a type of honor, like I’m honoring whatever has led to my sadness, like the frailty of life and what we think our lives are. Hoppípolla is playing now. It’s cheering me up a bit. If you’ve never seen the music video, it’s adorable. One of my all time favorites.